Personal informations and self-promoting stuff
I'm a Mathematics teacher wannabe, graduating in Math and doing research on scientific education and technology in the mean time.
Most of the projects I'm involved in are driven by the collective effort of people at the EigenLab hacklab, located within the Pisa University (with which I also sporadically collaborate at some times).
My real name is Martino De Leo, but I'd prefer you to call me Rachele (pronunciation is at your choice). I excel in analysing and solving problems, especially those related to organization and planning, and I have a talent in manipulating issues and tantalizing around them interested people with common objectives. I like computers and I'm well-skilled in many languages and in system/service administration. I'm also very proficient in designing and building machines, and I cook divinely.
I'm involved in many learning projects and scientific disclosure activities; I'll try to gather here all materials produced and relevant informations.
- Analisi II e complementi di Analisi Matematica - DESTEC (A.A. 2015/2016)
- Soluzioni degli esercizi svolti in classe;
- Una animazione che illustra l'esercizio 12 del foglio 8.
Those listed here are seminars made during my graduation in Math ad the Pisa University; for other projects please see below.
- (Dic. 2016, italian) A didactic unit on the definite integral, a proposal about refreshing math teaching techniques introducing an algorithmic and graphical approach.
- (Nov. 2014, italian) Comparison of some companion matrices, a numerical study of condition numbers associated to different choices of a companion matrix when tackling an eigenvalue problem.
- (Sept. 2014, italian) On the simultaneous approximation of multiple zeroes of a polynomial, a Numerical Analysis study based on the works of Petković, Rančić and Herceg.
- (Sept. 2014, italian) Numerical analysis of a quadratic matricial equation, a study of an iterative method with an emphasis on the relations between the matricial equation, Generalized Eigenvalue problems and vibrational/damping problems.
- (Jul. 2014, italian) On Lefschetz degree, exposing the construction and motivation of such a tool, and some of its applications in Algebraic Topology.
- (Jul. 2012, italian) An algorithm for community detection in scale-free graphs, I have to dig in my stuff to get back this code, be patient.
Keep in mind that most of these are collective projects (i.e. driven by the effort and enthusiasm of a scattered and diverse community of people); also, in most cases the aim is to openly share knowledge, rather than capitalizing it. This implies that some concepts like "ownership", "authorship" and "copyright" make little sense in this context.
- I really enjoy organizing knowledge in open and accessible structures, and a Wiki is one of the best examples of such environments.
- POV-Ray and Blender for scientific education.
- GnuPlot and the such: scripts for education and data visualization.
Please be patient: the above list is incomplete and does not contain much references; I'm gonna fix this as soon as I can.
Feeling like you want more? Here you go: